Here are our upcoming events. For more info contact your Sifu, Leo Low Ming, on 0833780468.
8 Week Self Defense Course for Women – Starts 18 February 2019
Learn the most important techniques to defend yourself against threat and escape an attacker.
This course will focus on repeated drills to make these techniques second nature, so your instincts just kick-in when you most need them, keeping you safe.
Leo Ming will be hosting another of his self defense courses – this time for women only, commencing on Monday 18th February. Lessons will be for one hour, once per week, for 8 consecutive weeks.
The course is designed for women to be able to:
- spot potential danger and threats
- empower themselves to deal with threat and danger
- know the target points of the body
- practice practical street wise techniques
- develop a muscle memory for the techniques so they become second nature, and instinctual when most needed.
Because this course focuses on ingraining the techniques, participants are encouraged to commit to the full 8 week course and not skip a session!
Don’t miss this opportunity to sharpen your knowledge and practice these self defense techniques in a safe and friendly environment.
Investment: R2000 to be paid in full by 6th February to confirm your commitment to all lessons
Time: 18:00 to 19:00
Dates: Mondays 18th, 25th February, 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th March, 1st, 8th April 2019
Venue: Parktown Girls High School , 55 Tyrone Avenue , Parkview
(Secure parking available)
To sign up: Contact Leo on 083 378 0468 and make payment to secure your spot (only 15 places available) and also send him this form:
DOWNLOAD here the PDF Membership Form to join this Self Defence Course.
Internet transfers to :
Standard Bank, Melville Branch
Acc Name: L. Ming
Reference: name and surname.
Tai Chi Retreat – 29 to 31 March 2019
We will be having our next taiji retreat from a Friday to Sunday (29 to 31 March) at Melody Hill in Magaliesburg.
The first session will take place Saturday morn at 7:00, and we will end Sunday after lunch.
Bring straight swords; sunscreen; swim wear; walking shoes; hats, mozzie spray, torch. Meals are vegan. Please feel free to bring other snacks if you so wish.
We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible! Total cost is R2350. Booking is essential, by paying in full (R2350) by 16 February to confirm your place!
This retreat is tailored for the students who participate, and so will be for all levels of tai chi, from beginners to advanced. The focus is on foundation building, on key concepts in tai chi, and on technique. From this base Leo builds to the level of the group, including:
- Beginners will get a strong foundation, further getting in touch with themselves and their bodies. Their left and right hand co-ordination improves; developing more neural muscular signals and helping integrate mind and body.
- Those with injuries, scoliosis, arthritic conditions will benefit from this retreat for therapeutic reasons, and learning the useful exercises.
- And those more advanced in taiji, will improve their body alignment, perfect the foundation skills, aligning their technique with the correct breathing, and will gain refinement of their taiji moves, both mentally and physically.
Date: Friday 29 March night to Sunday 31 March afternoon
Venue: Melody Hill in Magaliesburg
Cost: R2350 – payment upfront by 16th February confirms your place
RSVP: Contact Sifu Leo Low Ming, on 0833780468 to get bank details.