Tim Ferriss is most well known for his books “The Four Hour Work Week” and more recently, “The Four Hour Body” and “The Four Hour Chef.” He also has a great podcast show, interviewing high performers.
In his one episode he talks with Chef Joshua Skenes who is famous for his use of fire in his restaurants. Joshua has also been practicing tai chi and martial arts for many years. Tim and Joshua talk about:
- the benefits of tai chi for health and rehabilitation and developing connective tissue,
- about power versus resistance,
- why Joshua practices this martial arts daily,
- applicable martial arts,
- being immovable with intention in the mind and body,
- and hence how come even Tim has considered taking up tai chi.
Joshua also mentions one of his most recommended books, being: “The Dao of Taijiquan: Way to Rejuvenation” written by mentions how Jou, at the age of 40, started tai chi to help heal from cancer, and went on to become a renowned expert in the field. The book has many epiphanies about taijiquan, and explains it health benefits.
To hear Tim and Joshua’s conversation, click here and go to these parts:
- Most gifted books, including “The Dao of Taijiquan: Way to Rejuvenation” [53:50]
- Discussing the value of tai chi, martial arts and becoming an immovable mountain [1:05:57 to 1:17:27]
For more info on tai chi in Johannesburg, contact your Sifu, Leo Low Ming, on 0833780468